The legal owner of the website is responsible for the business’s processing of personal data. It is voluntary for those who visit the website to provide personal information to services, e.g. receiving newsletters and sharing from our website. The basis of treatment is the consent of the individual, unless otherwise specified.
1. What are your data protection rights?
The Ocean Autonomy Cluster would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request the Ocean Autonomy Cluster for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request Ocean Autonomy Cluster correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request the Ocean Autonomy Cluster to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that the Ocean Autonomy Cluster erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that the Ocean Autonomy Cluster restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the Ocean Autonomy Cluster’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that the Ocean Autonomy Cluster transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
2. Web analytics and cookies
If the website has a search functionality, it stores information about which keywords users use in Google Analytics. The purpose of the storage is to make our information more available. Search usage patterns are stored in the form of aggregate. Only the keyword is stored, and cannot be linked to other user information, e.g. IP addresses.
4. The share functionality
The “Share with others” feature can be used to redirect links to the site via email, or to share the content on social networking communities. The information is not registered with us but is used only momentarily to create the post at the social networking community.
However, we cannot guarantee that the social networking community will not log this information. All such services should therefore be used wisely. If you use the email feature, we will only use the specified email addresses to forward the message, without any storage.
The website can send out newsletters by email if you have registered to receive this. For us to send you newsletters by email, you must register an email address. Mailchimp is the data processor for the newsletter. The email address is stored in a separate database, not shared with others, and deleted when you cancel your subscription. The email address is also deleted if we receive feedback that it is not active.
6. Registration and forms
The website may have a registration form, contact form or other type of forms. These forms are made available to the public to perform the tasks they are intended to do. The registration form is for visitors to subscribe or register. Contact form is for visitors to easily send a message to the website’s contact person. We then ask for the name and contact information of the individual filling out the form. Personal information we receive is not used for any purpose other than to respond to the inquiry.
7. Cookies and functionality
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
Such cookies may contain information about the user’s selected language. There may be cookies with information to support the load balancing of the system, to ensure all users the best possible experience on our website. For services that require login or search, cookies may be used to ensure that the service presents data to the right recipient.
For further information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
8. How to handle cookies in your browser
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result. The above website also has more information on internet security and a safer use of the internet.
9. Privacy policies of other websites