The Ocean Autonomy Cluster is Norway’s leading hub for expertise on ocean autonomy and consists of R&D suppliers, suppliers of technology, components and systems, as well as investors and key customers. Through collaboration, joint initiatives and projects, the cluster members strengthens Norway’s role as the global center for innovation and development of autonomous ocean technologies and solutions.
The cluster prioritize the quality of the cluster higher than the number of members. In order to become a member, the applicant company, institution or organization is required to be ambitious and to actively participate in the cluster work. This will augment the quality of the work and provide a fruitful cluster experience for the members.
It is also assumed that the members are willing to engage in joint initiatives and projects with other members, or to engage in projects initiated by the cluster. The member’s contributions can either be in the form of work hours from employees and/or financial contributions.
A membership in the Ocean Autonomy Cluster requires a membership fee to be paid. The size of the fee is based on the size of the company. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there is no membership fee for 2020.
To become a member of the Ocean Autonomy Cluster, the following requirements are set:
- The company must have a Norwegian organization number and have employees in Norway.
- The company must pursue innovation, research and/or development of autonomous technologies, systems and/or solutions in Norway.
- The company must have a strategic focus area that falls within the Ocean Autonomy Cluster’s strategy and objectives.
- All companies that apply for membership in the Ocean Autonomy Cluster must meet with the cluster management as part of the application process.
- The final decision on membership is made by the Ocean Autonomy Cluster’s steering committee.
To apply for membership in The Ocean Autonomy Cluster, follow these steps:
- Send an e-mail to Frode Halvorsen, Cluster Manager: [email protected] with the following information (in English or Norwegian):
- Legal name of the company
- Membership contact information (Name, e-mail and phone)
- Norwegian Organization number
- Short description of the company’s relevance to ocean autonomy
- You will recieve a formal application form to be filled out and returned.
- All applications will be reviewed by the cluster steering committe.
- All applicants will be contacted soon after with the steering committe’s desicion.